Daniel is regularly instructed – both for Claimant employers and departing employees – in cases involving employee competition. In a recent edition of Chambers and Partners it said that his “broad-based employment practice is founded on his core expertise in relation to restraint of trade issues”.
Recent work includes:
- Acting on behalf of multiple individual defendants in a team move case (listed for trial in 2020);
- Successfully defending an interim injunction application made against multiple defendants in another team move case;
- Advising in relation to, and successfully securing a Search Order against departing employees;
- Securing “without notice” Orders against former employees in a confidential information case, and subsequently making successful committal applications following breaches of the Orders;
More generally Daniel regularly advises and acts in cases involving: the enforcement of restrictive covenants (in employment contracts and in share sale or partnership agreements); garden leave, the legality of team moves, breaches of fiduciary duties and the misuse of confidential information.
Other recent work includes:-
- Being instructed on behalf of the corporate defendant in a multi-million pound City team move case. The case settled shortly after disclosure.
- Securing an injunction to prevent the sale of shares in the context of substantial boardroom battle.
- Successfully securing injunctive relief following a 3 day speedy trial in the High Court. Daniel’s client was awarded all his costs.
- Getting leave to appeal to the CA against an adverse costs order following a without notice application made against a departing employee. The case would have addressed important issues of principle concerning the costs in such applications but settled once leave to appeal was granted.
Daniel successfully defended in full the substantial claim for interlocutory relief brought against his client in Capita Plc v Darch and others  IRLR 718.He appeared for the successful Claimant in J M Finn v Holliday  IRLR 102 (QB), the leading garden leave case in which a 12 month garden leave injunction was granted following a speedy trial. Daniel also appeared in SG & R Valuation Service Co LLC v Boudrais and others  IRLR 770, another leading High Court authority on garden leave injunctions.